Some additional notes about the research:
- Participants were asked to provide demographic information, but no personally identifiable information was collected, to avoid biasing the responses.
- Some respondents replied in currencies other than US Dollars. These were converted to US Dollars at the going exchange rate for purposes of the study.
- As specified previously, participants received one free additional month of membership for their time, but the awarding of this free month was not tied to their responses in any way.
- For beginning players, the $1,494 average improvement is statistically greater than 0 (t=12.32, p<0.0001). With 95% confidence, the range of actual average improvement is between $1251 and $1737.
- For advanced players, the $1,543 average improvement is statistically greater than 0 (t=4.90, p=0.0002). With 95% confidence, the range of actual average improvement is between $876 and $2210.
Additional Data Gathered
We also asked the following demographic and other questions during the survey.
Question: What is your gender?
Question: How old are you?
*Error in study, this was meant to be broken into two age ranges.
Question: What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Question: Which of these poker games you play the MOST?
Question: How many players are generally at the table?
Question: And, which of these formats do you play the MOST:
Question: Which best describes your typical buy-in (amount of money you start with) or tournament entry fee in US Dollars?
Tell us about your experience with AdvancedPokerTraining.com.