Am I a bad person?

mrfleming
mrfleming
Veteran in Off Topic

Am I a bad person because I don't want to tell my monthly game friends about APT?

Comments

• 1warlock
    1warlock
    Power Poster

Yup. you are a horrible horrible person. Fortunately, to be a good poker player, you need a little sociopath in you :)

• mrfleming
    mrfleming
    Veteran

@1warlock said:
    Yup. you are a horrible horrible person. Fortunately, to be a good poker player, you need a little sociopath in you :)

This is exactly the answer i am looking for

• highfive
    highfive
    Power Poster
    Thank you @1warlock. I usually want all other players including friends to go home with lint in their pockets. Friendly at the table. Friends later. :D
  • 1warlock
    1warlock
    Power Poster

@highfive said:
    Thank you @1warlock. I usually want all other players including friends to go home with lint in their pockets. Friendly at the table. Friends later. :D

You let them keep their pants? Man, you're a softie :)

• highfive
    highfive
    Power Poster
    In Vegas my friend and his son wanted to play a poker tourney at the Horseshoe when that was a thing. I said let's do it. I had never played before. Literally sitting at the table thinking, " a flush beats a straight " repeatedly.
    So my friend gets moved to my table 2 to my right. 17 left top 10 get paid. My friend opens. I look down at AJo. Kinda short stacked. I cringe. I can see on his face he has something good. I know what i have to do. I ship it. Spike an A on the flop and cripple him. He's out next hand. He had 2 tens.
    He didn't talk to me for 2 weeks.
    I haven't changed a bit.
    @1warlock
  • hardlifeh
    hardlife
    Veteran

hahahhahahahaha! sorry!

• hardlifeh
    hardlife
    Veteran

@mrfleming said:
    Am I a bad person because I don't want to tell my monthly game friends about APT?

No. nobody told me about it.

• AJHPokerA
    AJHPoker
    Veteran

Yeah you are total trash... but so am i since i need them to stay fishy to pay for my subscription

• mrfleming
    mrfleming
    Veteran

I believe my training on this site has begun to pay off after 2 years +. Over the last three months I've won my home game twice and came in second once. Am I having a good run of luck or have I become to good to play with this group? Do I need to find another game, which won't be easy? If this keeps up will I be asked to not play? Am I going to loose friends?

• monkeysystem
    monkeysystem
    Veteran

Before Black Friday my parents played online alot and got pretty good. They also used to host a home game about once a month or so with friends who lived on the same lake nearby. After a while those friends stopped coming.

Poker doesn't have handicaps like golf and bowling. And your friends have no right to expect you to soft play them, just to keep the friendship.

If you're worried about losing friends because of your poker game, do something else with them.

• mrfleming
    mrfleming
    Veteran edited April 14

@monkeysystem said:
    Before Black Friday my parents played online alot and got pretty good. They also used to host a home game about once a month or so with friends who lived on the same lake nearby. After a while those friends stopped coming.

Poker doesn't have handicaps like golf and bowling. And your friends have no right to expect you to soft play them, just to keep the friendship.

If you're worried about losing friends because of your poker game, do something else with them.

you're right

Sign In to comment.