Training for Head's up

dkrw
dkrw
New Poster edited September 12 in APT Questions

Hi there,

It seems that I can not get training based on my Head's up plays. I can only choose 6max, 9max, Final Table, Sit'n go and Multi Table Tournament. Is this correct or can I find training based on Head's up performance elsewhere?

Greetings Douwe

Comments

• pgearan
    pgearan
    Admin

@dkrw said:
    Hi there,

It seems that I can not get training based on my Head's up plays. I can only choose 6max, 9max, Final Table, Sit'n go and Multi Table Tournament. Is this correct or can I find training based on Head's up performance elsewhere?

Greetings Douwe

Yes, go to the main member page, and on the top row, between the 6-Max and Sit-N-Go you'll see Heads Up and by selecting this you can practice either as a cash game or as a Sit-N-Go.

• dkrw
    dkrw
    New Poster

Hi,

Thanks, but that is not what i meant. When I practise Head's up, more than 100 hands, the end of the week I see no weekly trainingplan based on my heads up play, only for 6max, 9max, Final Table, Sit'n go and Multi Table Tournament. How is that possible?

Hope I am clear now, thanks.

• AllenBlay
    AllenBlay
    Admin

Hi,
    I understand what you mean now. I'm sorry, but we don't have a training plan for heads up. The heads up trainer was a more recent addition to the site and we didn't develop a training plan for it because it would need to be completely different and would take a huge amount of time to develop. However, very few people actually play on the heads up trainer. The 9-max, 6-max, and MTT account for over 95% of the play on the site, so we have chosen to focus our efforts on developing materials for those primarily.

One thing we did do for heads-up is develop some odds-based tools since heads-up is mostly a GTO game (and these techniques apply to late stages of tourneys). Our ICM shove-fold tool can help with heads-up because it can get you seeing relative advantages between hands. https://www.advancedpokertraining.com/poker/icm-shove-fold-calculator-tool/

The Upper Hand game also can help with that. https://www.advancedpokertraining.com/poker/the_upper_hand_game.php

Neither of those options help with bet sizing, which admittedly is very important for heads-up, but they both are helpful.

There are also some other good options on other sites for heads-up that are strict GTO (which is not really the purpose of our site). For example Snowie is great for heads-up and if I was most interested in just GTO heads-up play, I'd use that.

I hope that is helpful,

Allen

• dkrw
    dkrw
    New Poster

Thanks!

Sign In to comment.